Crop Hail Insurance
Deadlines & what they mean:
- Sales closing date - last day to apply for coverage.
- Final planting date - last day to plant unless insured for late planting.
- Acreage reporting date - last day to report the acreage planted. If not reported, insurance will not be in effect.
- Date to file notice of crop damage - after damage; the date the producer decides to discontinue caring for the crop; prior to the beginning of harvest; immediately, if farmer determines that the crop is damaged after harvest begins; or the end of the insurance period, whichever is earlier.
- End of insurance period - latest date of insurance coverage.
- Payment due date - last day to pay the premium without being charged interest.
- Cancellation date - last day to request cancellation of policy for the next year.
- Production reporting date - last day to report production for Actual Production History (APH).
- Debt termination date - date insurance company will terminate policy for nonpayment.